Director of Marketing & Communications
ADDRESS342 W. Armitage
Chicago, IL 60614
Academic Approach takes a skills-based approach to Teaching Beyond the Test, empowering students and educators to succeed both on and beyond admissions testing. We offer customized, expert test preparation in the Lincoln Park community and beyond for your student’s individual needs. Whether your student is taking the ACT or SAT, or need help deciding which test and when, we can answer your questions and customize a program to help your student succeed.
Many test prep companies focus on ”tips & tricks” to game the test. At Academic Approach, we think of tips & tricks as one small part of a much larger critical thinking toolkit. While they have some value and can support quick growth, that growth is limited if it’s not accompanied by content knowledge and skills. We think the best approach is a combination of strategy and knowledge. Our methodology builds a bridge between what students are learning in the classroom with academic content commonly found on standardized tests. The result of our approach is students achieving their goals on standardized tests while also gaining skills to excel in their high school and college classes.
Our Lincoln Park office features space for new client meetings as well as private tutoring rooms for on-site learning and dedicated space for practice testing. The office is open from 9am-5pm five days a week with additional, flexible tutoring options outside of those hours as well.
- We offer personalized tutoring for ACT, SAT, Subject Tests, High School Admissions Exams, AP Tests, & academic tutoring
- Our students' ACT scores raise an average of 6 points & SAT scores by 150 points
- Come in for a free practice ACT or SAT test and complimentary in-person consultation walking you through the results
- Our lessons are carefully grouped and scaffolded to allow our tutors to teach the specific skills each student's needs
- Our tutors are trained to support students in growing their scores and their confidence