Director of Business Administration
ADDRESS804 W. Belden
Chicago, IL 60614
For more than 100 years, the DePaul University School of Music has been dedicated to excellence in music teaching and performance with a distinguished faculty including members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and the Lyric Opera of Chicago. Students work in a collaborative, performance-focused environment, collectively presenting more than 300 jazz and classical concerts each year. Fostering not only the next generation of performers, the School of Music also offers a robust musical studies department with majors in composition, music education, performing arts management and sound recording technology.
Building on its celebrated history, the School of Music will open a new, 185,000-square-foot facility in the spring of 2018. Situated along the west side of North Halsted, just south of Fullerton, the School’s new home will include teaching studios, rehearsal spaces, an atrium cafe and four performance venues where community members will be able to enjoy the best in classical and jazz performance.
With many DePaul School of Music graduates going on to perform in some of the world’s most renowned orchestras, operas, and chamber ensembles, attending a performance at the School is a chance to see the music world’s next virtuoso. Nearly all concerts are free and the calendar includes everything from solo faculty and student recitals all the way up to the celebrated DePaul Symphony Orchestra and DePaul Opera Theatre. A full listing of events can be found at music.depaul.edu.
- Hire a DePaul musician to perform at your corporate function, wedding or private party with the Gig Connection service
- Enjoy one of nearly 300 concerts and events each year almost all of which are free and open to the public
- Hear classical selections, jazz and modern compositions presented by both small and large ensembles
- Hold a company outing at a School of Music performance or entertain a client after work
- See tomorrows musical luminaries today