CONTACTPattie Cagney Sheehan
Owner/Certified Mastectomy Fitter
ADDRESS2768 N. Lincoln
Chicago, IL 60614
Opened in 2008, Second Act is Chicago’s only cancer recovery boutique accredited by the American Board for Certification of Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics. Carrying bras, prostheses, compression garments, wigs & accessories, most products are in stock and ready to take home. This includes post-surgery garments, prostheses for mastectomies, lumpectomies or reconstruction, pocketed mastectomy bras to hold the prosthesis securely in place, and compression sleeves and gauntlets for the treatment of lymphedema. Wigs, hats and scarves are also available as well as casual wear including camisoles, tank tops, t-shirts, swimsuits, workout wear.
Most post-surgery items associated with a cancer diagnosis are covered by Medicare or private insurance. Second Act is an approved Medicare provider and is in network with Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna and Medicaid. A physician’s prescription is required.
The owner, Pattie Cagney Sheehan, is a BOC Certified Mastectomy Fitter. She is also one of only a few fitters in the Midwest trained to fit custom prostheses. Hours are Monday – Friday, 10:AM – 5:PM. Appointments for personal fittings are required and are available Monday, 2 – 4:PM, and Tuesday – Friday, 10:AM – 4:PM. Limited Saturday appointments are also available. Located just south of Diversey on Lincoln Avenue, easily accessible via CTA. Street parking is also available.
To learn more go to www.secondactchicago.com; call 773.525.2228; or email us at email@example.com
- Second Act is the only ABC accredited mastectomy boutique in Chicago
- Owner, Pattie Cagney Sheehan, is a Certified Mastectomy Fitter and all fittings are personal and private
- Second Act has been open, on Lincoln Avenue, for more than 10 years
- Second Act offers post-breast surgery products & bills your insurance directly for your approved purchases
- All bras, swimsuits, tank tops and workout wear have pockets to hold breasts forms securely in place