BACP Investigator Imposter Warning
Posted on July 22, 2021
BACP received confirmation that the individual depicted in this Imposter Notice is impersonating a BACP Investigator. Listed below are details:
- He goes around to mostly Latino owned businesses and tells them that they need to buy the Labor/State poster (also included in the attached Imposter Notice).
- He goes on to say that if they don’t the City will shut them down.
- The poster is accessible on the State’s website, and there are no costs associated with obtaining it.
The owner of the restaurant informed BACP that the person charged them $62 for the poster. BACP has heard this before but didn’t have evidence. As a reminder, BACP Investigators:
- Do not sell anything,
- Do not collect money in the field, and
- Always carry a City of Chicago Employee ID and a City of Chicago Investigator Star Badge.
Please report anyone impersonating a city inspector by calling 911.