DPD Initiates Process for TIF District
November 15, 2018
On Wednesday, November 14, the Department of Planning and Development (DPD) hosted a meeting to initiate the public process to designate a new TIF district for the purposes of funding community improvements in the North Branch area. The Redevelopment Project Area is bounded generally by Webster Avenue on the north, Clyboum Avenue on the east, North Avenue on the south, and Elston Avenue and Besly Court on the west. For more coverage on the creation of this TIF District, click here for the latest issue of the Inside Booster.
Residents and community representatives attended this meeting and voiced their opinions and concerns regarding the new TIF district. Click here for more coverage of this meeting.
Next Steps include*:
- Community Development Commission Introduction – Tuesday, December 11 at 1:00 p.m. (121 N. LaSalle, Council Chambers, Second Floor City Hall). Questions can be submitted to the 2nd Ward office of Ald. Brian Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joint Review Board – Friday, January 4
- Community Development Commission Public Hearing – February 2019
- Plan Commission Review – February 2019
- Finance Committee Hearing – April 2019
- City Council Review – April 2019
(*This information provided by DPD. All dates are tentative and subject to change.)
We encourage Lincoln Park residents and businesses to attend the upcoming community meeting regarding the Lincoln Yards Planned Development.
Lincoln Yards Planned Development
Thursday, November 29
6:00 – 7:00 pm
Park Community Church / Renew Chicago Auditorium
1001 N. Crosby
Chicago, IL 60610