Fullerton Adopt-A-Planter Program
Posted on June 2, 2017
The Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce (LPCC) is excited to announce the new Fullerton Adopt-A-Planter program to engage businesses, residents and local organizations to invest in their community, get to know their neighbors and keep Fullerton clean and green.
As part of the Fullerton Streetscape Project, 70 trees were installed last fall and 10 new in-ground planters will be installed in early summer. In order to maintain the planters and trees, volunteers are needed to regularly care for the planters from May to October; and provide maintenance (litter and debris removal) from November to April.
Who can participate:
• Businesses, condo associations, neighbors
• Provide watering, weeding, pruning and litter removal of selected planter and nearby trees on a consistent basis throughout the growing season (May – October) and provide maintenance – litter and debris removal (November – April)
Recognition and Benefits:
• Recognition as a Fullerton Adopt-A-Planter volunteer in the following e-newsletters: 43rd Ward Alderman Michele Smith, 32nd Ward Alderman Scott Waguespack, 2nd Ward Alderman Brian Hopkins and LPCC’s Neighborhood News
• Recognition on LPCC’s website and social media accounts
• Recognition on signage located inside planter
• Pride and satisfaction that you are helping to support the neighborhood and keep it clean
• Opportunity to meet and get to know your neighbors
• SE Corner of Bosworth
• SE Corner of Greenview
• SE Corner of Janssen
• NW Corner of Janssen
• NE Corner of Janssen
• SW Corner of Wayne
• SE Corner of Wayne
• NW Corner of Surrey
• NE Corner of Surrey
• SE Corner of Lakewood
In Spring 2016, the City of Chicago Department of Transportation began this streetscape project along Fullerton between Ashland and Racine. The project included wider sidewalks, new curbs and gutters, road resurfacing, new street lighting, permeable pavers, street pole identifiers, side street bump-outs and parkway trees. The majority of the project was completed last fall with the in-ground planters being installed this summer.
Use this link to download an application – Fullerton Adopt-A-Planter Flyer – 2017.