Important Ticketing and Payment Collection Updates
Posted on July 1, 2020
Beginning July 1, the City will use a staggered approach to phase in ticketing enforcement, and the collection of taxes and other payments that were previously deferred due to COVID-19. As enforcement resumes, please note the following important dates:
Beginning July 1
- Ticket enforcement activities will increase citywide on July 1st, including street sweeping violations. Click here for Street Sweeping schedules per Ward.
- Late payment penalties will be assessed on past due utility balances.
- Past due payment plans will be defaulted.
- Residential and municipal utility customers with payment due dates prior to June 30 will not be assessed additional penalties until July 1.
- Collection and enforcement activities, including booting, will continue.
Beginning July 16
The City will resume ticketing for residential parking violations, expired City Stickers, and expired license plates on July 16. Motorists will receive a grace period through Monday, July 15 to purchase residential parking permits and city stickers, and renew their license plates.
During the grace period, ticketing will continue for public safety violations and for unpaid parking meters.
(Information provided by Ald. Brian Hopkins, 2nd Ward)