Internship Opportunities for Winter Term
Posted on November 18, 2017
The LPCC is looking for an enthusiastic Marketing and Communications Intern to help promote Lincoln Park and its members. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and works closely with other LPCC staff, local businesses, and partner organizations. We have two terms available – Holiday Break (December 5 – January 26) and Winter (January 29 – April 27).
• Assist in planning and execution of social media and digital marketing
• Draft content for newsletters and online posts
• Research and update online event calendars
• Attend Chamber events when available and take photos for social media
• Conduct research for special projects
• Research latest marketing trends and develop strategic suggestions to improve external communications
• Recent graduate or student persuing an undergraduate or graduate degree, preferably in one of the following fields: communications, marketing, public relations
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong writing and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated research and data analysis skills
• Solid organizational skills, including the ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and a quick learner of new software
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a small, entrepreneurial team
• Enthusiasm for the mission of LPCC and a positive attitude
• Familiarity with Lincoln Park a plus
Terms of the Internship:
The internship is a part-time position of 10-20 hours per week (depending on availability and interest) with at least 4-8 hours per week in the LPCC office (between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday) and includes occasional evening and possible weekend events and meetings.
The internship provides a $500 stipend. The intern must provide his or her own computer and transportation.
The LPCC will provide letters of recommendation and professional connections contingent on a positive internship experience. The intern will be encouraged to attend applicable LPCC events, meetings, trainings, etc.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.