Lincoln Park Water Main Replacement
Posted on December 20, 2016
The City of Chicago’s Water Main Replacement Program has begun in Lincoln Park. They will be replacing mains on the following streets:
1. N. Halsted from W. Wrightwood to W. Fullerton
2. W. Lill from N. Lincoln to N. Halsted
3. W. Altgeld from N. Lincoln to N. Halsted
During this period of construction, there will be periodic street closures and coordinated water shutoffs before work is finished and streets are restored.
Work has begun on W. Lill and then the work will move to N. Halsted at W. Wrightwood and will travel south to W. Fullerton. The work on W. Altgeld will be the last segment.
Sign up for email updates on the project by going to BuildingANewChicago.org to register for the WaterALERT program #1401191. Those emails will notify you when equipment is arriving, when pipes are installed and when work is complete.
If you have questions during construction, please contact:
– DWM Office of Public Affairs: 312-744-6635
– 24-Hour City Service and Information Line: 311
– 43rd Ward Office: 773-348-9500