Now Hiring: Office Coordinator
Posted on December 23, 2022
The Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce (LPCC) seeks an organized, detail oriented and dependable professional to manage our small busy office and assist with membership and event coordination – all in a supportive, creative, and friendly work environment.
Position: Office Coordinator
Start Date: January/February 2023
• Oversees membership database, enters new members and updates contact information
• Creates and sends out membership invoices and processes payments
• Prepares monthly membership reports
• Coordinates event RSVPs, prepares event nametags, registration lists and reports
• Oversees check-in and registration process at events
• Updates events and information on LPCC website
• Phone and Email: Answers phone and responds to email inquiries
• Mail: Sorts incoming mail, handles postage for outgoing mail (including monitoring postage machine), coordinates mailings, sends out mailings
• Office supplies and stationery: Tracks and orders supplies
• Office maintenance: organizes office, coordinates cleaning service and oversees office equipment
• Invoices: Prepares invoices and sends out checks
• Deposits: Prepares and records all deposits and takes deposits to bank
• Deliveries/errands: Drops off materials to local businesses, picks up materials from printers (mileage reimbursement provided)
• Board meetings: Prepares office reports, board packets, etc.
• Grant reporting: Prepares monthly and quarterly documentation and reports
• Business attraction: Pulls new business license reports from City of Chicago portal
• Advertising: Updates contracts, invoices advertisers and tracks advertising payments
• Sponsorship: Tracks sponsorship payments and assists with sponsorship fulfillment
• Publications: Delivers publications to neighborhood businesses, fulfills bulk orders and individual publication requests, and tracks distribution
• Business Support: Connects businesses with resources, programs, and other members
• Attends all LPCC events and activities (includes some evenings and weekends)
• Attends member events, grand openings, etc. (includes some evenings and weekends)
• Coordinates other projects or activities as directed by the LPCC President
• Must have own transportation (required)
• Bachelor’s degree (required)
• Strong commitment to the mission of the LPCC and helping Lincoln Park businesses
• Experience working or volunteering in a nonprofit organization (preferred)
• Excellent customer service skills for working with various groups including business members, community members, board, and staff
• Experience with CRM systems, such as ChamberMaster, MemberZone, Salesforce, etc.
• Familiarity with small business landscape, Chicago neighborhoods, and city government a plus
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to effectively prioritize tasks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Candidate must be organized, a self-starter, able to meet deadlines and work independently to accomplish goals
• Able to work in collaboration with a small, creative, entrepreneurial team
• Understands cultivation and has an enthusiastic approach to projects and responsibilities
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Classification Status: Full-time exempt position with occasional evening and weekend hours
Compensation: Annual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Includes insurance: medical, dental, disability; PTO and Simple IRA.
About the Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce (LPCC)
The LPCC is a non-profit organization that supports and celebrates the Lincoln Park neighborhood, helping to make it a thriving destination to live, work and play. Since 1947, the LPCC has assisted businesses with gaining exposure, finding new customers, creating new partnerships, and staying knowledgeable about issues and challenges affecting their business. By offering resources, referrals, and community events, the LPCC is a useful tool and guide for the entire Lincoln Park community. Learn more at lincolnparkchamber.com.
The Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.