Opportunity: Teaching Assistant at St. James Lutheran Elementary
Posted on August 9, 2018
St. James Lutheran Elementary School (grades PreK – 8th) is seeking a part-time teaching assistant Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Applicants must be physically and emotionally healthy, poised, punctual and enthusiastic. They must communicate effectively and work well with others. In addition, they should demonstrate a love for teaching young children and serving families in a Christian school, as well as an ability to articulate the mission, vision and spiritual beliefs of St. James.
- Maintain regular and open communication with classroom teacher to discuss lesson plans, children’s progress and discipline.
- Work with students individually, in small and large groups following lesson plans of the lead teacher.
- Handle minor discipline problems through Positive Discipline. All major discipline is to be handled directly by the classroom teacher.
- Assist in preparations including copying, distributing materials, setting up activities and preparing documentation.
- Cleanliness is of utmost importance in our Early Childhood. As such, assistants will be responsible for adhering to the Early Childhood Cleaning Schedule.
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with young children
- Certified or willing to become certified in CPR/First Aid
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Qualified applicants can contact Lynda Runge, Director of Early Childhood Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.