Safely Celebrating Halloween
Posted on October 7, 2020
Lincoln Park welcomes the spookiest of seasons with an expanded Spooktacular 2020. Celebrate Halloween on Clark Street in Lincoln Park with spooky specials, virtual activities, an online costume contest and voting on your favorite festive window displays. Trick-or-treating will not take place this year to keep our neighbors and businesses safe, but Spooktacular 2020 still has plenty of ways to get in the spirit.
- Spooktacular Virtual Costume Contest
- Storefront Decoration Competition
- Spooktacular Specials
- Spooktacular Activities
Are you hoping to trick-or-treat with your family this year? Listed below are some guidelines from the City of Chicago to help you safely enjoy socially distanced trick-or-treating in your neighborhood.
- Masks aren’t just for trick-or-treaters this year! Everyone—including candy givers—should wear a face covering (multi-layered, covering the mouth and nose, without gaps around the face).
- Leave a light on or hang a Halloweek sign in your window to let others know your house is giving out candy safely.
- Handing out candy? Please socially distance and have hand sanitizer, too.
- Trick or treating? Stay on the move! Less congregating means more houses and more candy.
- Ensure there’s all treats and no tricks. Please don’t reach into candy bowls while trick or treating, and eat candy only at home after washing your hands.
- No Haunted Houses. They are truly spooky and dangerous this year.
- Keep your candy crew small. Trick-or-treating groups should be 6 people or less.
- No house parties large or small this year.