Small Business Week in Lincoln Park
Posted on May 1, 2017
Celebrate Small Business Week (May 1 – 6) in Lincoln Park! Listed below are events being held throughout the neighborhood to recognize and support small businesses.
Networking & Panel at Studio Xfinity with Comcast Business
901 W. Weed
Tuesday, May 2 at 5:00 p.m.
Join Studio Xfinity for a fun evening of networking and engaging discussion moderated by CNBC Small Business Reporter, Kate Rogers, along with talented individuals from the small business, startup, and entrepreneurial community. Confirmed panelists include Tom Kuczmarski (President & Founder at Kuczmarski Innovation, Co-Founder of Chicago Innovation Awards), Matthias Merges (Chef and Owner, Folkart Restaurant Management), Julianna Reed (winner of CBNC’s The Partner) and Giovanni Senafe (Co-Owner, Bentley’s Pet Stuff and Founder, Bentley’s Barkery).
A Corporate Ethos: How to create, invest and prosper at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Chicago
1555 N. Halsted
Wednesday, May 3 at 6:00 p.m.
Join home furnishings tastemaker Mitchell Gold and financial guru Ted Koenig, president and CEO of Monroe Capital LLC, for an important conversation about placing a priority on building and maintaining a collaborative and spirited corporate culture.
Small Business Lending Solutions: Grow Your Business in 2017 at Wintrust Bank – Old Town
100 W. North
Thursday, May 4 at 8:30 a.m.
Join the Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce and Wintrust Bank Old Town as we bring you this free seminar on financing options for small businesses. Learn about financing options available in all stages of the business cycle, including working capital, growth capital, acquisition, debt refinancing, and restructuring. You’ll also hear about the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) loan guaranty program and other places to find funding for your business.
Chicago Public Library Small Business Resources Open House at Harold Washington Library Center
400 S. State
Thursday, May 4 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Business librarians will be on hand to showcase all the Library has to offer small businesses including:
• Sample Business Plans
• Access to Online Resources
• One-on-One Consultation with a Business Librarian
• Talk with Representatives from Local Business Organizations and City Agencies
City of Chicago Small Business Center On The Road at 1871 at the Mart
222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, 12th Floor
Thursday, May 4 from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
The Small Business Center on the Road Expo series is back for 2017! The expos are free and open to the public. Highlights include:
• Keynote Speaker – Alpana Singh
• Free assistance from business consultants to begin the licensing process
• Resources on Procurement, Financial, Insurance and Consumer information
• Financial Advisers on hand to answer questions
• Perfect your Elevator Pitch
• Mini makeovers and Hair Styling by Blown by Bocaj
• Free Headshot by a professional photographer to be used for marketing/promotional materials
• Free Tax Clinic: One-on-One counseling sessions provided by Center for Economic Progress (CEP)
• Free Law Clinic: Legal advice and support provided by The Law Project
• Free Networking Hour: Connect and exchange ideas with likeminded entrepreneurs provided by Chicago’s Office of the City Treasurer from 8:00 – 9:00 p.m.