Updated Guidelines Regarding Chicago Liquor Sales
Posted on June 9, 2020
The Chicago Department of Health has issued guidelines for alcoholic liquor sales during Phase III of Cautious Reopening.
- All liquor sales for on-premises consumption must cease at 11:00 p.m.
- All liquor sales of packaged goods for off-premises consumption, via delivery or carry-out, must cease at 9:00 p.m.
- Other licensed business activity, such as the retail sale of other merchandise or the retail sale and consumption of food for outdoor dining, may continue after the cessation of liquor sales, subject to the established hour restrictions of your permit and/or license.
- Retail food establishments with a Consumption on Premises-Incidental Activity or a Tavern License:
- Liquor sales for carry out or delivery at 9:00 p.m. and cease liquor sales for on-site consumption at 11:00 p.m.
- Sidewalk Cafes must close at 12:00 a.m. or earlier as specified in your permit terms.