Job Opportunity: Bookkeeper with Areté Renovators
Posted on September 3, 2020
Areté Renovators Inc. is an 18-year-old family business specializing in interior residential and commercial remodeling, primarily kitchen and bath. Areté Renovators has successfully completed over one thousand remodeling projects throughout the Chicagoland area, working in 60% of Chicago’s downtown high rises. Areté means “quality” in Ancient Greek. Since 2001, they have built a reputation of quality in workmanship, customer service, project management, and reliability.
Areté Renovators together with their premier kitchen and bath showroom and design center, Areté The Art of Design, delivers one stop general contracting services for all your remodeling, design, and building needs. They manage all aspects of the project including obtaining city permits, completing association paperwork for project approval, design services, purchasing and delivering of materials, installation, and maintenance.
From small scale projects such as gut rehabs and kitchen remodels, to building houses from the ground up, their team of skilled professionals, with the union of carpenters, electricians, and plumbers is well prepared for the most challenging real estate projects.
Areté Renovators is looking for a part-time bookkeeper with QuickBooks experience to join their team. This position will work very closely with their accountant to provide a high level of organization. This is a very unique position as you will be monitoring the books for multiple entities under the Areté Renovators umbrella of companies.
– Categorizing transactions in QuickBooks
– Reconciling bank statements
– Posting payments and journal entries
– Auditing entries for completeness and accuracy
– Resolving discrepancies
– Communicating internally and with outside vendors when needed
– Other tasks as assigned by management and accounting team
– Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience
– Minimum of 2 years QuickBooks experience
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Strong organization skills and attention to detail
– Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
– Must ensure confidentiality
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Candidates can submit their resume to Gina Stolowski at Gina (at) areterenovators.com.