There are many ways to shop local: in-person, online, or have it delivered! Either way supporting local and independent businesses has a more profound impact. How? Local businesses:
- Love the local economy. For every $100 spent at a locally-owned business, $73 remains in the local economy; compare this to the same $100 spent at a non-locally owned business, where only $43 remains in the local economy.
- Love their customers and take more time to get to know them. They provide better customer service with personal touch.
- Love the neighborhood. Each unique shop and restaurant is a part of what makes Lincoln Park an amazing, vibrant, and safe place to live.
- Love their community and are more charitable. Local businesses donate to community causes at more than twice the rate of chains.
- Love the environment. Supporting local means less travel. Staying in your neighborhood means less travel. And local businesses tend to make more local purchases. This all adds up to less transportation and as a result, less pollution, traffic congestions and resource depletion.
So how can you support Lincoln Park businesses? The Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce (LPCC) invites you to rediscover the many reasons to love Lincoln Park this summer with events and special promotions to help you explore all that Lincoln Park has to offer.
Lincoln Park Summer Sundaes
On the second Sunday of each month throughout the summer, celebrate summer and explore each of Lincoln Park’s distinctive hubs. This monthly celebration will feature free ice cream, entertainment, games and photo opportunities as well as retail promotions, summer brunch and cocktail specials along the street. Listed below is the schedule for Lincoln Park Summer Sundaes:
- Clark Street – Sunday, June 13
- Lincoln Avenue – Sunday, July 11
- Armitage and Halsted Avenue – Sunday, August 8
- North and Clybourn Avenue – Sunday, September 12
Lincoln Park Health & Wellness Weekend
It’s more important than ever to find ways to stay fit and healthy, so step out into the neighborhood for the Lincoln Park Health & Wellness Weekend from June 26 – 27. Explore new workouts, treatments and personal care from Lincoln Park’s innovative health & wellness community to keep you fit and healthy this summer. Find out what’s happening.
Feast on Lincoln: Dine Along the Avenue
Soak in the sun this summer and head over to Lincoln Avenue for expanded dining patios along the business historic hub.
Plus, check out the resources below to discover the shops, cultural attractions, and restaurants in Lincoln Park all summer long and explore the neighborhood with new eyes! If you’re looking for specific referrals, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Business Directory
Visit our online business directory to find businesses that meet your needs! Whether looking for shops to find that perfect gift, a relaxing spa, or restaurants and theaters for a night on the town, the LPCC business directory is a great resource to #LoveLincolnPark.