North Branch Community Meeting Set for February 21
Posted on February 10, 2017
The next community meeting for Mayor Emanuel’s Industrial Corridor Modernization Initiative in the North Branch Industrial Corridor will take place from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 21, 2017, at UI Labs, 1415 N. Cherry Ave., Chicago. The meeting’s purpose is to review a proposed land use and development framework for the corridor, as well as implementation strategies. The meeting will involve presentations by City staff and consultants with time for comments, questions and answers.
An RSVP is recommended due to facility requirements. Please click here to register.
DPD staff has discussed many important themes with the public during the planning process, including efforts to protect and grow jobs, enhance access, and improve open spaces within the corridor. Three main goals are guiding the process:
• Maintain the North Branch as an economic engine and vital job center
• Provide better access for people walking, biking and taking transit
• Build upon the area’s unique natural and built assets
After the Feb. 21 meeting, DPD will post the draft land use and development framework on the North Branch section of the department web site. Public comments will be accepted for 30 days and incorporated into a final framework to be posted in early spring.
Community stakeholders unable attend in person can still provide input and participate in the planning process in the following ways:
• View presentations and meeting summaries on the North Branch summary page
• Reach out on DPD’s Facebook or Twitter page
• Send an email to DPD@cityofchicago.org