Chicago Air & Water Show Updates
Posted on August 8, 2016
The 58th Annual Chicago Air and Water Show returns to the Chicago this weekend. The show can be seen on the Lakefront from Fullerton Parkway to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach as the focal point.
On Thursday and Friday, August 18th and 19th, there will be air show rehearsals and flight spotting from approximately 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. On Saturday and Sunday, August 20th and 21st, the show will run from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, weather conditions permitting.
As in years past, the City of Chicago will close several streets in close proximity to the Lakefront, and there will be additional parking restrictions in effect during the weekend as well:
Anticipated closures from 12:00 AM on August 20th to 8:00 PM on August 21st:
– LaSalle Drive from Clark Street to Lake Shore Drive
– Inner Lake Shore Drive from LaSalle Drive to Burton Place
– North Avenue and Fullerton Avenue exits on North Lake Shore Drive
– Intersection of North Avenue and Clark Street
‘No Parking’ restrictions will take place on August 20th at 5:00 AM through August 21st at 7:00 PM:
- North Avenue
- North and south sides from Clark Street to Clybourn Avenue
- North side from Clark Street to Astor Street
- LaSalle Drive
- North and south sides from Burton Street to North Avenue
- Clark Street
- East side from LaSalle Drive to Wisconsin Street
Please note that while the above streets are officially restricted, the City may enact “rolling closures” under the jurisdiction of the Chicago Police Department.
The streets will be re-opened when crowds leaving the event have dissipated, and the Chicago Police Department deems the streets safe for re-opening.
(Source: Chicago’s 43rd Ward – Alderman Michele Smith)