Chicago Vaccination Requirement Effective January 3
The Public Health Order will remain in effect until the City of Chicago is through this Omicron-driven surge and the risk of overwhelming hospital capacity has passed.
Effective Monday, January 3, 2022, the Chicago Vaccine Requirements will apply to the following public indoor places:
Establishments where food or beverages are served, including, but not limited to:
- Fast food establishments
- Coffee shops
- Tasting rooms
- Food courts
- Dining areas of grocery stores
- Banquet halls
- Hotel ballrooms
Gyms and fitness venues, including, but not limited to:
- Recreation facilities
- Fitness centers
- Yoga, Pilates, cycling, barre, and dance studios
- Hotel gyms
- Boxing and kickboxing gyms
- Fitness boot camps
- Other facilities used for conducting indoor group fitness classes
Indoor Entertainment and Recreation
Indoor entertainment and recreation venues where food or beverages are served, including, but not limited to:
- Movie theaters
- Music and concert venues
- Live performance venues
- Adult entertainment venues
- Commercial event and party venues
- Sports arenas
- Performing arts theaters
- Bowling alleys
- Card rooms
- Family entertainment centers
- Play areas
- Pool and billiard halls
- Other recreational game centers
Proof of Vaccination Definitions
Proof of vaccination means:
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card reflecting the person’s name, vaccine brand, and date administered.
- Official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered reflecting the person’s name, vaccine brand, and date administered.
- A digital or physical photo of such a card or record, reflecting the person’s name, vaccine brand, and date administered.
Establishments will be required to develop and keep a written record describing the protocol for implementing and enforcing the vaccine requirement.
Also, establishments will be required to prominently post signage:
- At each publicly accessible entrance to the covered location
- At least one location inside the covered location that is conspicuously visible informing patrons of the vaccination requirement.